HOW TO BE VP: An operator's guide for vice presidents in any industry
"This is the stuff no one tells you about being VP."
🔥 PROBLEM: No one teaches you how to be a good VP. There is no roadmap. No set of frameworks. You leave a lot of equity on the table due to bad negotiating, and you're jealous every time you see other VPs getting promoted ahead of you.
✅ SOLUTION: Work closely with world-class coaches and mentors. Call them up whenever you need advice or feedback.
❌ HERE’S WHY THAT DOESN’T WORK: The best mentors and coaches are too busy to work with you. Others aren’t successful enough to give good advice.
✨ HERE’S A BETTER WAY: Follow in the footsteps of someone who has been in your shoes. Copy their frameworks, steal their resources, leverage their processes.
I have been VP at both start-ups and public companies, and if there is anything I could go back and wish for, it’s that I would’ve had someone early in my career tell me how to approach the following.
- How to hire A-Players
- How to negotiate VP comp packages
- How to deal with intense C-Suites
- How to take big swings
- How to do strategic planning properly
- How to create team operating models
- How to develop North Star Metrics and get buy-in
- How to master the art of executive slide decks
- How to maintain team culture without being everyone’s friend
- How to build professional development plans and career paths
- How to run contests and throw celebrations that are actually fun
I could have accelerated my career by 10 years if I had these answers back then. Instead I made tons of mistakes. Now I want to share what I've learned with others.
You'll get access to:
- 230+ pages of VP frameworks for any industry
- 35+ templates for hiring, communication, & culture
- 1x guide to VP compensation, including cash + equity
- 10+ true VP stories guaranteed to make you laugh
- Unlimited access to a community of VPs who can help you negotiate your next job offer and answer questions
What are you waiting for? Accelerate your career by 10 years.
If you're not 100% happy, I'll send you a full refund. Plus, the section on negotiating your comp will be worth tens of thousands alone. It was for me :)
- A complete playbook packed with frameworks for VPs in any industry. Includes blueprints for hiring, communication, culture, comp package negotiation, and more from someone with 10+ years experience running teams at public and private companies.
- Size6.24 MB
- Length232 pages
- Community AccessIncluded
- Bonus Content10+ case studies and stories guaranteed to make you laugh